This Blog

In this blog, an international student from Japan used to write about what she felt lovely in Ann Arbor (A2), Michigan. Although she graduated in 2007 and went back to Japan, she still loves A2 and continues to write her recent situation, comparing to her life in A2.

↓This is a bilingual blog
日本語版 (Japanese ver.)

↓More about this blog?
How to Read?

About Me

My photo
I graduated from The University of Michigan (umich) in 2007, and now work as a TV reporter in Japan. I went to the U.S. in Jan. 2005 to study communication - it was the first time for me to go abroad.
I got an A.A. degree in speech communication in California, and B.A. degree in psychology at umich (+ music minor).

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Squirrels

Average temperature in Ann Arbor:

Oct. 8th - 74°F
  ↓
Oct. 10th - 48°F   [Data from AccuWeather.com]

W-What's this gap!? 8O

It was 34 degrees last night... It's getting so cold these days... :mrgreen:




Anyway, today's entry is about squirrels.

squirrel - eating
I rarely saw wild squirrels in Japan, but I find them everywhere in A2. They take on a yellow tinge compared to the squirrels I often saw in California.


squirrel - standing

Squirrels are scampering around, chasing each other, climbing a tree, looking for food, eating acorns, and digging a hole to store food. They are so lovely! When I read a book outside, I hear a scrunch sound: I wrench my head back and find a squirrel eating an acorn. Sometimes, I can't figure out where the sound comes from because the squirrel hides behind a tree ;)



The other day, I was walking on campus and heard a guy saying "oops!!" What I saw was the guy and a squirrel looking at each other :oops: It seemed the guy suddenly halted in astonishment because a squirrel jumped in front of him 8O (Sorry, I couldn't help laughing...)


squirrel winter
footpoints

I see squirrels all year long, even in winter. In winter, whenever squirrels walk on an icy branch of a tree, it creaks and groans...
↑ (A picture taken in winter)

Squirrels' small footprints are pretty, especially compared to mine →





BONUS PIC!!

bonus

No comments: